Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Gratitude Journals

I am the new Activity Day leader!  Oh boy.  We meet twice a month.  My first meeting was 2 weeks ago and afterward I thought, "Oh my.  What have I got myself into?"  I just did not have the right kind of variety in that very long hour.  

So this time I was more prepared.  I mixed it up a little.  We played Corn Hole only we called it Blessing Hole.  (odd, isn't it?) But they had to say a blessing before they threw the very dusty bean bag.  (I had to keep telling them to stop making dust.)  They couldn't repeat a blessing already said and I kept track on the board.  Then we talked about our many blessings and how it is important to Heavenly Father that we are grateful.  D&C 59:21: And in nothing doth man offend God...save they confess not His hand in all things.

We had to discuss the word "gratitude" because they couldn't really articulate what it meant.  Then I showed them the gratitude journals that we were going to make:




I got this printable here:  http://befickle.blogspot.com/search/label/ACtiVitY%20DaYs

 I decorated two pieces of cardboard, front and back and then tied all the pieces pages together with yarn.  It was taking a long time for them to write out each month so we put the page in and I told them they could finish that part at home. 

They will finish the front with the word "Gratitude" that has been cut with a Cricut machine but the sister that was bringing them could not make it to the meeting.  Some of them just asked me to write on them in cursive.  I think they had a fun time being creative!!  It was a successful meeting!






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the awesome idea!! I will be using it at my next Activity Days Activity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome idea!! I will be using it at my next Activity Days Activity!!

    ReplyDelete